Burford Cottage Hospital

Burford Cottage Hospital in February 1988In May 1900 the site was purchased for 60 from Robert Henry Hurst of Upton Priory, Oxfordshire, with the intention of building a hospital by voluntary subscription. The building dates from 1902. In 1948 the hospital came under Oxford and District Hospital Management Committee (dissolved on 1st October 1956).
The hospital closed in 2000.

Records of Burford Cottage Hospital include:

4 plans of the ground floor, first floor and physiotherapy room 1982

A deed of 1912-1913 mentioning a cottage called 'Far Old Hospital' at Burford is held at Oxfordshire History Centre [ref: BGS VIII/6-7]

Back to list of hospitals