Downs Hospital, Wantage

Wantage workhouse was built in 1836 and was the Wantage Public Assistance Institution from 1929. When it became part of the NHS in 1948 it was renamed the Downs Hospital and was administered by the Oxford and District Hospital Management Committee.

Records of Downs Hospital

There are no records at Oxfordshire Health Archives.

There are records of the workhouse at Berkshire Record Office.

Back to list of hospitals