East View, Stow on the Wold

This was originally Stow on the Wold Workhouse, erected in 1836. It was renovated on becoming a Public Assistance Institution in 1929. It became part of the NHS in 1948 as a geriatric hospital under the name East View. It was the responsibility of Banbury Hospital Management Committee.

Records of East View

See the records of Banbury and District Hospital Management Committee

Stow on the Wold Workhouse records are held at Gloucestershire Archives

Back to list of hospitals