Garsington Smallpox Hospital

Responsibility for this hospital was transferred to the United Oxford Hospitals in 1948, probably from Oxford City. It consisted of three galvanized iron huts, one for staff, one for patients and one for general purposes. It was not used on a regular basis, but kept ready for emergencies, with arrangements for staff and equipment to be transferred from the Slade Hospital at short notice. It was probably closed in early 1950.

Records of Garsington Smallpox Hospital

There may be information in the records of the United Oxford Hospitals

Back to list of hospitals