Leavesden Nursing Home

The house was built in about 1929 and became a nursing home for medical, surgical and maternity cases. Still known as the Leavesden in 1939, by 1947 it had become St. Anne's Nursing Home. It appears under both names in the Medical Officer of Health's register of births in Oxford City.

The building became a private house in about 1954.

Records

See: Birth records of Medical Officer of Health

Back to list of hospitals