Longworth Hospital, Faringdon

Longworth Hospital, taken between 1974 and 1982The house was built in 1603, and alterations made in 1910. It was purchased from the Clarendon-Hyde family in about 1945 as a geriatric hospital and was associated with the work of the Cowley Road Day Hospital. It was administered by the Littlemore and Isis Hospital Management Committees, and then by Oxfordshire Area Health Authority.
It closed in the 1980s.

Records of Longworth Hospital

There may be information in the records of Littlemore Hospital Management Committee and Isis Hospital Management Committee

Back to list of hospitals