Moore Cottage Hospital, Bourton on the Water, Gloucestershire

The hospital was founded by John Moore in 1861 as Bourton-on-The-Water Cottage Hospital. His son G.F. Moore provided a new site and building in 1928, and this became known as the Moore Cottage hospital.

The hospital became part of the NHS in 1948 under Banbury and District Hospital Management Committee. Subsequently responsibility passed to Cheltenham District Health Authority in 1974, Cheltenham and District Health Authority in 1982, East Gloucestershire NHS Trust in 1991 and Cotswold and Vale Primary Care Trust in 2002. It is now run by Gloucestershire Primary Care Trust.

Records of Moore Cottage Hospital

There may be information in the records of Banbury and District Hospital Management Committee

The main collection of records is held at Gloucestershire Archives

Back to list of hospitals