St. Mary's Hospital, Wallingford

Situated on the Wantage Road, this was originally the Wallingford Union Workhouse and later the Wallingford Pubic Assistance Institution. It became part of the NHS in 1948 as St. Mary's Hospital. It came under Reading and District Hospital Management Committee 1948-1974, and then passed to Oxfordshire Area Health Authority in 1974. The hospital closed in 1982 and the site was sold for housing in 1985.

Records of St. Mary's Hospital

House Committee minutes 1948-1958

There are also records in Oxfordshire History Centre and Berkshire Record Office

Back to list of hospitals