Wallingford Isolation Hospital

Built in 1904 by the Wallingford and Crowmarsh Joint Hospital Board, this was known at various times as Wallingford and Crowmarsh Joint Isolation Hospital and Wallingford and Bullingdon Joint Isolation Hospital. It became part of the NHS in 1948 under Reading and District Hospital Management Committee, and was renamed St George's Hospital in 1950. It was a maternity hospital by 1974, when it transferred to Oxfordshire Area Health Authority. It was sold in 1981.

Records of Wallingford Isolation Hospital

House Committee minutes 1948-1958

Back to list of hospitals