Acland Hospital, Oxford
The Acland Nursing Home was founded in 1882 in memory of Sarah, wife of Sir Henry Acland, the Regius Professor of Medicine.
Originally in Wellington Square, it moved to 25 Banbury Road in 1897. The home was rebuilt in 1936 at the expense of Lord Nuffield. In 2004 the Hospital moved to Headington as The Manor Hospital. It has never been part of the National Health Service and is now managed by Nuffield Hospitals.
Records of the Acland Hospital
Oxfordshire Health Archives knows of no archival records surviving from the Acland Hospital.
Last updated: 29 August, 2018