Built as a private house between March 1863 and April 1865, the Elms was taken over by Banbury Borough Council in 1944 as General Practitioner Maternity Unit. It was taken over by the NHS and placed under Banbury and District Hospital Management Committee. On the opening of a new maternity wing at the Horton Hospital in 1961 the building passed to Littlemore Hospital Management Committee as the Elms Psychiatric Clinic. In turn responsibility passed to the Isis Group Hospital Management Committee (1968-1974), Oxfordshire Area Health Authority (1974-1982), Oxfordshire Health Authority (1982-1993), Oxfordshire Mental Healthcare NHS Trust (1994-2008) and Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust (2008-2010). It is now part of Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust.
Records of the Elms
Last updated: 29 August, 2018