This was built on the Cowley Road Hospital site in 1958 by the National Corporation for the Care of Old People. It was part of the Cowley Road Day Hospital, intended as a half way house between hospital care and home. In the late 1960s it passed to the NHS and functioned as a psychogeriatric unit in the 1980s and 1990s. It now houses the charity Oxfordshire Mental Health Matters.
Records of Hurdis House
Last updated: 29 August, 2018