Park Hospital, Oxford
In 1933 the Warneford Hospital Committee purchased Highfield Park, a house on the edge of their grounds, with 28 acres of ground. After renovation work it housed 16 ladies who were considered to be mild or convalescent cases.
In 1939 this became the Park Hospital for Functional Nervous Disorders, many of the cases coming from the Radcliffe Infirmary. In 1958 the Park became a Children’s Psychiatric Hospital.
The Park Hospital is now called Boundary Brook House, and houses administrative and clinical services of the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service.
Records of Park Hospital
There are a few patient records, but no separate administrative records, as the Park has always been run by the same administration as the Warneford Hospital.
Last updated: 29 August, 2018