Wallingford Isolation Hospital
Built in 1904 by the Wallingford and Crowmarsh Joint Hospital Board, this was known at various times as Wallingford and Crowmarsh Joint Isolation Hospital and Wallingford and Bullingdon Joint Isolation Hospital. It became part of the NHS in 1948 under Reading and District Hospital Management Committee, and was renamed St George’s Hospital in 1950. It was a maternity hospital by 1974, when it transferred to Oxfordshire Area Health Authority. It was sold in 1981.
We do not hold any records for Wallingford Isolation Hospital.
Last updated: 29 August, 2018